The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 2016全国楼市成交小幅增长 房价增幅约7% in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 供给侧结构性改革持续发力显成效 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 全国百城楼价涨幅无锡居首 二线城市成上涨主力: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 解读：空气净化器厂商如何在雾霾中“浑水摸金”？ to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 家居团购表面让利 实则暗藏玄机
- 12月南京只发了9张新房预售证 只及11月“零头”
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 王冬雷与吴长江之斗近尘埃落定 雷士损失或过千万
- The block chain has such rich potential that there is an initiative underway to create additional “side chains,” though there is controversy around that idea. “We don’t really want to mess with the main block chain right now,” says Adam Ludwin, CEO of Chain, a block chain API that makes it easier to create bitcoin applications. “It works, we don’t want to break it.”
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
China has fully complied with UN resolutions on the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, and is a staunch supporter of upholding the international nuclear non-proliferation regime.